In most cases, getting to and from a major airport is a game of compromise – we can choose between the speed of an express train or the comfort of a hired drive.
- The train typically gets you into the city centre much faster and may offer business class seating for increased comfort, but if one travels with a lot of luggage or is new to the city – It doesn’t provide the best service as no-one greets you at arrivals, helps you with the bags or offers directions. Also, once you get to the city, you need to drag your bags to a cab rack, which can turn into quite an ordeal.
- A hired driver, on the other hand, offers a much more comfortable experience with your luggage handled to your doorstep. What a car often lacks – is speed. Due to traffic, a journey from a major national airport to the city centre can easily take 3-4 times as long as a train ride. In addition to that, as traffic is unpredictable, those who take cars need to allow a buffer of several hours before arranging meetings on the day of arrival.
What if we combined the speed of the train express with the comfort of the airport-to-doorstep limo experience?
The train express company could manage the whole process:
- A smartly dressed agent would meet travellers at arrivals
- He (or she) would assist with the luggage and get travellers into reserved business class seats on the next train to town.
- Once the client is aboard the train, the agent would drop a note to his colleague at the train station in the city
- The airport-side agent’s job is now over.
- Once the travellers arrive at their destination in the city centre, another agent comes on board to take their luggage
- The city-side agent would direct passengers to a car that would take them to their final destination.
- From the moment of arrival to the moment of getting home (to a hotel) the traveller shouldn’t have to touch his luggage and would continuously move with optimal speed and comfort.
- The traveller would be able to order the experience through the airport or airline apps or online.
- The payment would be taken through a registered card, PayPal or loyalty program, so travellers to foreign countries don’t need to bother with withdrawing cash or worrying about airport exchange rates.